BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Helloooo Twenty Twelve!!

Happy New Year!!!

I am usually totally against the resolutions and such cause everybody just wants to lose weight but  after a few days the resolutions are out the window! lol. BUT.... this year I made a few that I am going to accomplish! I have promised myself that.

My first Resolution is to get back into shape and lose some of this baby weight... I know.. funny considering my first sentence in this blog. Seriously though, I am so tired of looking like crap. I have no clothes to wear cause I refuse to buy more everytime I attempt to go shopping for myself (& end up with a few hundred dollars worth of kid clothes) because I swear this weight will fall off eventually. Well.. it hasn't. After I had Cami the pounds just dropped with no effort. After having that big baby boy of mine... they still haven't.. 19 months later. So..I'm actually gonna have to work at this. My goal is to lose 35 pounds. It's all in the tummy and thighs. Sexy. I know. So yeah, it's gotta go. I have a work out room set up in my basement so after the treadmill gets fixed in a few weeks its on! I am gonna go shopping for a few workout dvd's as well and join a group of girls for a workout night as well. Pray for me people.. I gotta do this! I'm ready to get over this pity party I have for myself and finally boost my self esteem and feel better in so many different ways!

My next Resolution is to cook more often. Part of not being able to lose weight is probably because we go out to eat SEVERAL times a week. Not healthy. Although, I never eat McDonalds, Hardee's, etc... I always go to Subway when it comes to the "fast food"... so I like to think thats a little better. I drink soda every time I eat out though so if I cook more.. I'll cook much healthier foods and drink water. My kids deserve to have home cooked meals anyways. I've just never really been taught much about cooking growing up so things are usually super simple around here. The past few weeks though I've been looking up so many recipes and doing the trial and error thing. So far we've had quite a few successful dinners here... and when we dont... there's always grilled cheese or pizza ;)

My most exciting Resolution is taking a family vacation! Were planning a trip to Florida. I reallllllly want to take Collin to the Beach. Cami was born in Georgia and she got to go at a young age quite a few times so I'm anxious to take the little man. We are also thinking about Sea World or Walt Disney World. I also would love to take Cami through Valdosta and show her where we lived on Base and the Hospital she was born in. I always hated that town and base but it definetly has a special place in my heart and always will. I love my little Georgia Peach <3

My last Resolution is to BLOG more! I started this blog a year ago and only used it 5 times. I love blogging and used to do it frequently back in the MySpace days. A friend of mine recently told me about her blog on myspace and after reading through most of it, I got excited about blogging again. I think it's so neat to write about day to day stuff and look back on it later and laugh at the things the kids said and did and such.. It's so easy to forget those little things in life and I want to remember them all. I wish I would have kept all my blogs from when Cami was a baby. I wrote alot about her.. almost every day... then decided I was done with MySpace and deleted everything... stupid stupid decision. I should have saved them. Lesson learned.

So anyways, here are some updates on us...

Collin is a very busy little man. He's always into something! That boy loves his sister so much but let me tell ya... he can be pretty mean to her! It's kind of funny though. The typical little annoying brother. He goes in her room and gets into her things... she screams... he runs out laughing... goes back in there with one of his bats and gives her a good whack on the head.. she screams again and then we gotta go in there and set him straight... he laughs some more and moves on to the next evil little thing he can think of. He still doesn't sleep at night and has pretty much taken over our bed. He loves to cuddle up to his Momma. We figured out the real problem with his ears. The poor little guy has a Milk Protein Sensativity. I wish I would have known this MONTHS ago... we could have prevented that surgery and gotten him back to normal much sooner. At the last ENT visit we found out that one of the tubes had fallen out anyways. Once both are out we wont be putting more in as long as we have no further problems. Collin has been on Almond Milk for almost a month now and within a few days of switching his ear drainage went away. Prior to this the poor thing had fluid literally DRIPPING out of his ear. It was absolutely disgusting and i'm sure horribly uncomfortable for him. For Christmas he got some new toy tools, a train set, lots of cars, a car track, and so many more cool little things. He loves them all. I've been getting rid of the baby-ish toys that he no longer plays with and it makes me a little sad. He's growing to fast.

Camryn had an awesome birthday back in October... Justin Bieber theme of course. She's in love with that kid. Her room now has posters everywhere of him. I can't believe she's 5 years old though. She loves school. She's always loved learning and always gets pretty close with her teachers. In fact, she tells me all the time how she is going to be a teacher and a nurse so she can help kids. I swear she is the sweetest caring little girl I know. We had a parent/teacher conference not long ago and they couldn't say enough good things about her. She's the smartest in her class again. When a kid gets hurt she is the first to run up and make sure he/she is ok. They are always trying to find new ways to challenge her in school and have said she is ready to read so they are working on that now. She is a crafty little girl as well... that's pretty much all she got for Christmas... every little crafty thing you can think of she now owns. She's in heaven with it all. I wish we had more time to sit down with her and do that stuff but that little brother of hers usually makes his appearence and ruins just about everything laying around on the table haha... so we have to wait til he is napping to get it all out. Cami gets irritated with him but she loves him more than anything. The other day I was in the other room and he woke up and wanted breakfast so Cami got him a bowl of cereal, poured his special milk into it and got him a spoon.. sat him down and got his juice cup and cut up a banana for him. I did mention she is 5 right? Love that little girl!! She amazes me everyday. She is going to make a great mama someday.. in the far.. far future. I must say though, Cam has quite the attitude and does have issues with listening... but.. she's a female.. she's 5.. and she's my daughter.. what can ya expect!? I pray we survive the teenage years.

John finished another semester at school while still working full time and being an amazing father and husband. I really admire and appreciate all that he does for his family. I don't know what I did to get a guy like him and I honestly don't know how he puts up with my crap half the time. I can be pretty stressful to deal with and then I gave him another stressful little lady to deal with lol! I think HE is the one praying we survive the teenage years with Cam. Right now as I am typing this he is in the garage making me a Hutch and some Shelves for the house.. it's midnight btw... HAPPY NEW YEAR!.. he came in and gave me a kiss right at 12. Love him. Anyways, Pinterest.com is a must check out sight.. but becareful... you'll be overwhelmed with all this crap you find to do on there... which is why John is in the garage =) He loves it though. He got a new circular saw (i think that's what it's called) for Christmas so he's been dying to use it. He's happy.. I'm happy =)

I also finished another semester of school. This semester was a little different though... I completely changed my major. I thought I was gonna stick with the Photography/Business thing (which I still plan to do but I dont need a degree to do that..) & I switched to Nursing. So I took a CNA course to become certified and will be finishing up a few classes I need to enter the Nursing Program this fall. I'm excited and nervous. From what i've heard... It's hell but it will be worth it in the end to be able to provide for my family again. I miss working. Alot. I applied at a few places and hope to get my old job back doing the data entry thing. I can have a set schedule which is absolutely awesome and I can have a very flexible schedule there...and it's such a relaxing job. Just sit, type, listen to the iPod, and daze off into my own little world. So I am hoping I can atleast work part time while going to school. I put Photography on hold for now because I feel like I am ALWAYS at the computer while John and the kids are having fun and I hate that. Cami will be at school all day then her and John get home and I have to get on the computer and edit or do homework for hours... it's basically like working second shift during the week then random times on the weekends while I take the pictures. So Cami and I weren't getting much time together and I definately wasn't getting any family time. Oh, and my computer is completely full of pictures I need to go through and properly organize and back up. I also want to take more picture of my own kids and edit them and of course frame them. I feel like I have none while I'm giving other people tons of them. After each photo session I always get a few pictures that I wish I had of my own kids just like it. I guess I'm getting jealous of that and photography isnt as fun as it once was. SO... although I love photography and eventually want to still have a little business with it.. I just need a break for awhile to focus on my family and continue to do well in school.

That's that for now! Here's to a new year!

0 comments: