BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 2, 2012

3 a.m and wide awake!

Well it's 3am and I can't sleep. Probably because I decided to study for my Competency Test around 8pm and ended up falling asleep til 11pm lol. Oops. I've never been good at the studying thing anyways.
Today (or maybe I should say yesterday?) We pretty much had a lazy day at home. Collin was pretty funny this morning when waking up... he always sneaks out of our bed and wonders the house for a few minutes then will come in and tell us "UP!" while slapping one of us. Usually he's pretty quiet while doing it but he was very loud and vocal this time. He comes running back into our bedroom and slaps john and clear as day yelled "GET UP!!" then ran to my side of the bed and smacked me and said "MOM... UP UP!!" John said "I'm getting up buddy..".. so Collin ran back out of the room and headed for the kitchen but quickly turned right back around to check on daddy... he still wasn't completely out of bed yet so Collin yelled "DADA... EAT!"... guess the kid was very hungry this morning & wanted his breakfast! haha. I think he may be going through another growth spurt because the last couple of days he has eaten non stop and I mean he actually has been swallowing his food... usually he just takes a bite or two and is done or spits everything out. He fills up on his milk =/ Which btw... how the heck do you get a kid off the bottle!?!? Cami was so easy... I just simply took them away one day after having a little talk with her about how they are for babies not big girls. She was fine with it. Collin on the other hand... he doesnt care.. that's his comfort and he has no plans on giving it up anytime soon. He's 19 months though... way past the deadline. He wakes up SEVERAL times a night and wants his bottle... I think if we could just get that thing away from him we might all get to sleep through the night for once. We have tried a few times to take it away but the middle of the night SCREAMING is a little to much for me and I dont want him to wake up Sissy. I had plans of taking it away last weekend but Collin ended up getting a little tummy bug and I needed to keep pushing the fluids so he'd stay hydrated and that was the best way to do so. Maybe next weekend we'll try. I can't do it during the week since John gets up at 4am to go to work and Cami has school.

Well anyways, It just amazes me how someone with a "severe neck injury" can't work yet has no problem partying the night away... anything to get that government money and sit on your ass all day causing drama huh? People these days, I swear! I was gonna have a huge long vent about this but talking about my kids always makes me feel better so I'm off to bed now! nighty night (or good morning? lol) <3

2 comments:

ajohns08 said...

I totally understand the bottle thing....EXCEPT its my boob!!! LOL. I have tried to tell her all gone and get her attached to other things, but she has no desire. She freaks out majorly!

samanthakay2005 said...

The girls havent had bottles for along time but i feel you when you say cami is completely different from collin. Kenz was so easy and ready at 10the months..she eas very interested in real food juices ect. That she sort of gave up on her own. I thought hey! What are these parents bitching about?? Lexi- she wasnt giving it up for anything...i, at one point, pictured her going to prom with a bottle in her mouth! I stressed out about it majorly and worried everyone would think "look at that..the young mom who wasnt ready to have kids cant even wein her baby from the bottle" but no...alexis had a bottle at night until she was about 15 months old. Finally we bought tons of different kinds of sippy cups and made a huge deal about how fun cups were &the about how she was just like her big sissy. Id say it was about 2 months before sge seemed to forget the words "my baba my baba"

It might not happen in one weekend. Hang in there! :-)